Monday, January 26, 2009

Artist Spotlight - U-N-I




The West Coast hasn't had a lot of new artists hit the mainstream in a while. Most of the new cats (Glasses Malone, Bishop Lamont, etc.) haven't crossed over just yet. I'm hoping that U-N-I will reverse that trend. The group consists of members Thurzday and Y-O and they released their debut album Fried Chicken & Watermelon in 2007. Most of the music I've heard from them has been really good. They use a lot of smooth beats that sound great on the highway and they can both spit. I was pleasantly surprised to hear a New Edition sample on the aptly titled, Cool It Now. They are currently working on their next album, A Love Supreme, which should showcase the talent of the group.


My U-N-I Soundtrack
Soul Hop
Cool It Now
Monster
Cali Soul
Beautiful Day (Remix)

http://www.myspace.com/unimuzik

No comments: