Thursday, August 27, 2009

Drake feat. Kanye West, Lil' Wayne, and Eminem - FOREVER

I liked this better when it was a Young Money record. I never thought I would say that given the star power on this joint, but it's the truth. This song sounds rushed and thrown together. The verses are cool, but the record doesn't sound as big as I think these artists may have wanted it to be. After Forever and Swagga Like Us I'm beginning to think that these superstar posse cuts are better ideas than actual products. I mean the energy and cohesiveness isn't the same as songs like "Niggas Done Started Something", "Blackout", or "24 Hours to Live." Those songs were hot because they didn't seem forced and the verses complimented each other. Oh well. I'll still bump this in the ride and enjoy it, but it shoulda been hotter. I mean the original Young Money version had Kid Kid saying "Make a plumber throw his plunger in the air, like 'I Can't Deal With This Shit!'" Classic!

http://2dopeboyz.okayplayer.com/2009/08/26/drake-forever-f-eminem-kanye-west-lil-wayne-prod-boi-1da/

Courtesy of 2 Dope Boyz.

No comments: