Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hip-Hop Loves Michael Jackson!!!

With the recent passing of the greatest entertainer of all time, I am realizing just how popular and loved he was. MSNBC has been doing a great job of coverage today and they have been showcasing all aspects of his stardom. But, what they haven't shown is the hip-hop perspective. I mean Toure has been speaking, but no real love from the hip-hop community. I'm sure BET is doing something too, but they never get anything right so what's the point in watching, right? So how does the hip-hop community show it's love & respect for Mike? Well they have been doing it for years, but maybe we just weren't paying attention. So I decided to do a quick rundown of all the Michael Jackson-inspired lyrics I could think of. This doesn't include the numerous artists that sampled his music. Please feel free to add your comments if you can think of any that I forgot. Here we go:

"I put Mike Jack on stage at Summer Jam, Billie Jean,
I put Prodigy in his place on that Summer Jam screen." - Jay-Z - "Put On" Remix

"This is "Bad" real bad, Michael Jackson
Now I'm mad, real mad, Joe Jackson
You should leave your boyfriend now, I'ma ask him" - Kanye West - "Knock You Down"

"Leave ya' lookin like the Michael Jackson jackets wit' all them zippers,
I'm the boss on this boat, you can call me skipper
The way I turn the money over, you should call me flipper" - 50 Cent - "Patiently Waiting"

"Ask Michael Jackson who bad, he says I am
but the queen not drag, dag
I'm bad enough to let my pants sag" - Missy Elliott - "Steelo"

"Your boy's "Off the Wall" these other niggas is Tito.....,
.....Damn! Aye baby I said I'm "Off the Wall." I'm like a young Michael Jackson these other niggas is Tito. Shout out to Randy" - Jay-Z - "Party Life"

"Hits in a row like MJ, 'Hee-Hee!'" - Jay-Z - "It's Hot" (Some Like it Hot)

"The new young Prince with young Mike Jackson on the same track, What!" - Nas - "Make the World Go 'Round

"Real sick, brawl nights, I perform like Mike,
Anyone -- Tyson, Jordan, Jackson" - Biggie - "Victory"

2 comments:

DMack said...

you should double check the lyrics to the "Knock You Down" verse.

T-Smitty said...

Better?