Wednesday, February 11, 2009

OLD SKOOL VIDEO SPOTLITE - L'Trimm - "Cars That Go Boom"

This video is wrong on so many levels. It's like the director said "Okay you two dance around and look pretty. I'll go around Miami and film some cars with speakers. And to switch things up, I'll let you ladies wear different hats." But, I guess you really can't have an artistic video when you are directing a song about girls liking speakers. Not much to go on. The song itself was kinda catchy back then, but it sounds really lame now. L'Trimm was a product of the Miami bass sound that 2 Live Crew made popular. Believe it or not, these chicks made three albums in the late 80's and early 90's. "Cars That Go Boom" (or "Cars With the Boom" depending on your source) was the biggest hit from those recordings. I guess we can give L'Trimm a pass since they really didn't seem to take themselves too seriously. I mean somebody actually paid them for this. I can't knock that hustle.


No comments: