Sunday, March 15, 2009

OLD SKOOL VIDEO SPOTLITE - Sheena Easton - "Sugar Walls"

Before she made "U Got The Look" with Prince in 1987, Sheena Easton was already an established artist. She had already made the hit songs "Morning Train", "Strut," and "Telefone". And on the same album as "Strut" was the somewhat controversial Prince-produced song "Sugar Walls." In less talented hands, this song could have been way over the top. But, Prince and Sheena craft a very sexy, danceable joint that still holds up today. If you don't know what sugar walls are either you've been living under a rock or can't read between lines. But, with lyrics like "Come spend the night inside my sugar walls" and "Blood races to your private spots" it isn't hard to figure out. This video is kinda creepy to me though! It's like her eyes are trying to tell me something or she's trying to put a voodoo curse on me!! I can listen to this song all day, but I think I'm done with the video. Shit's creepy, yo!


No comments: