Saturday, January 31, 2009

OLD SKOOL VIDEO SPOTLITE - Da Bush Babees - "Remember We"

"Starin' out the window, broke like Mr. Wendel, and nobody knows the troubles that I went through!"


Wise words spoken from one of rap music's most forgotten groups. Da Bush Babees came on the scene in '94 and had some moderate success. They had the reggae element that was big back then with other acts like Mad Lion, Mad Cobra, and all them other "Mad" cats! This is the only video that I can think of that was shot almost entirely on a subway train! I mean they really threw a party on the train!!! I didn't have this album, but it was said that this version of the song, Salaam Remi's Remix, wasn't on the album. I remember running around the house trying to sing this chorus, but having absolutely no idea what the hell I was saying! Da Bush Babees also released an album in 1996 with The Love Song featuring none other than The Mighty Mos Def! Much respect to Da Bush Babees.

No comments: